An asphalt driveway needs regular maintenance to protect and preserve it. Cracks invariably develop and must be filled. The entire surface should be sealed every year or two. Look for water beads on the surface that indicate oil or gasoline leaks. Use strong detergent or trisodium phosphate and hot water to scrub away oil or gas residue. Then rinse the
Continue on for more information on how to care for your newly paved driveway.
Liquid asphalt in hot mix blacktop needs time to harden and cure. We recommend that you keep vehicles off it for three complete days in hot weather and one day in cool weather. You may walk on your driveway. While the asphalt is curing do the following:
- Do not turn your wheels while stopped. It's especially hard on
- Do not park heavy objects for extended times.
- Heavy vehicles of all types should be avoided.
- Avoid parking in exactly the same spot each time for the first
- Gasoline, diesel fuel and solvents and will dissolve the asphalt.
- Your driveway is softer in warm weather and watering will help keep it cool.
- We recommend a sealer coat be applied 8-12 months after being paved and then resealed every 2-3 years following.
Choose us for all of your paving needs. Call or email
Call for our paving services now and get a FREE quote.
“Our driveway was in terrible condition but now it's a pleasure to come home to."
Mr. John K. - Spencer, MA